Friday, February 24, 2012

2/20-2/26/2012

This week has been a really big eye opener. I've been learning a lot about these same things in a social work class. I loved that Brother Williams said he hates the word "communicate". It doesn't help us with anything because it we don't know what part of our communication is wrong. It could be verbal, non verbal, physical etc... Openness and sharing specific things is so important and I've learned that the hard way with my wife. I need to be more direct and specific instead of asking yes no questions, but "why do you feel that way", or "what can i do to help", or "why do you like that. it doesn't have to do anything with sex, it can be with cleaning, chores, cooking dinner, the date we went on. So often we simply ask the wrong questions or we don't know what to ask. Constantly sharing with your spouse can be such a positive thing. Not just sharing but asking and taking time to listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment