Sunday, February 19, 2012

2/13-2/19/2012

I learned a lot in class this week. it was full of really applicable things. I shared how my little brother and his wife never established roles and boundaries with her parents, and I did with my wife's. I didn't mention that even though i didn't have her there when i talked with her parents about marrying her and what role they expected from me, my wife and i have since talked with them. Kelcie and i pulled her mother aside and talked about our expectations with her and she shared hers with us. There were some we agreed on and some we disagreed on. It was really an incredible thing. We have talked with Dan and my parents as well about what we expect and what we want to do. We don't want to be to thorough because with a baby things are changing and we don't know what will happen and the help we might hope for and need. We don't want to become out of their lives since the gospel is aobut family and we want to be able to help them. I do think it's so important that we are open in our relationships about our expectations with in-laws and with our spouse. We need to see where they are coming from and that just because our way may be different, neither way is necessarily write or wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment