Friday, March 30, 2012

March 26-April 1st


I was very impressed with Sister and Brother Williams talking about their personal experience with this. It took her a great deal of power to talk about these things. It shows her level of commitment to the Savior to talk about how she knew she made mistakes but wanted to make sure that other’s didn’t make it. She was very open. It really helped me understand how important it is to be grounded before we start dating someone seriously….the to date someone out of rebellion may cause temporary pain for our parents but in the long term, it has great influence on the person that dates, marries and then divorces. I’ve talked with so many different couples who have dated, married, and then divorced and it has always ended in a very painful way.  I have seen very successful blended families but everyone has said what a challenge it is and the stresses that they experience. I know that President Hinckley had three different mothers, due to death, and he talks about the challenge it was for his siblings with this new mother. I think we think that blended families is always about divorce when death, though not common, is still a part of a blended situation in some circumstances. This week has really helped me to appreciate my wife and child on the way in such a different way. When Brother Williams said, "most blended families fail", it really sank in how Satan is all about placing any type of wedge possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment